HomeSMART Energy Assessments
Want to make your home more energy efficient and help Catholic Charities West Virginia in the process?
All you have to do is sign up for a FREE HomeSMART Energy Assessment and tell AEP that Catholic Charities West Virginia referred you.
You must reside in West Virginia and be an Appalachian Power or AEP customer. Other than that, anyone can apply.
If you rent your house or apartment, please have your landlord fill out the Owner Authorization Form.
What You Get
- FREE HomeSMART Energy Assessment of your house or apartment
- A professional energy specialist will do a thorough walkthrough and tell you where you can make changes to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- FREE energy efficiency supplies installed by the specialist
- As part of the program, the specialist may decide to make some simple energy efficiency improvements with your permission. These include installing low-flow showerheads or pipe insulation, replacing incandescent lightbulbs with CFLs, and adjusting the temperature of your water heater.
- FREE detailed written report of your home’s energy usage
- This report includes recommendations for additional work that you might want to consider, such as adding insulation, replacing your water heater, or cleaning your ducts.
- You can find more information on how this benefits you in these FAQs.
What Catholic Charities West Virginia Gets
- $10 credit for energy efficiency improvements for each household that completes a HomeSMART Energy Assessment
- Make sure to tell AEP that Catholic Charities West Virginia referred you so that we get credit.
- A chance at winning $10,000 in energy efficiency improvements!
- If we refer the most households, we can win this great prize.
How To Sign Up
|Option A||Option B|
|· Call 855-231-5277.|
· Walk through the enrollment process with an AEP representative.
· Tell the representative that the “howhear” code is CCWVA.
|· Go to honeywell.takechargewv.com/enrollment.|
· Complete the enrollment form. Select “Other” under “How did you hear about the program?”
· Enter “CCWVA” as the promo code.
|Send an email to Liz at email@example.com once your HomeSMART Energy Assessment has been completed.|