All Programs

  • English Language Training
  • Job Placement
  • Immigration Assistance
  • Visa Application assistance
  • Assistance with citizenship, translation, and Hispanic outreach
  • Information and referral to other agencies
  • Legal representation in relevant matters
CCRC assists families, providers, and the community with information on child development, financial resources, training and technical assistance.
West Virginia Birth to Three is a system of services and support for children ages birth to three who have a delay in their development, or who may be at risk for a delay.
  • Reimbursement for meals served to children in family child care.
  • Training to providers.
  • Meal Plans.
  • Disaster case management in limited areas of WV.
  • Work groups in limited areas of WV.
  • Long Term Recovery consultation throughout the state.
  • Basic Needs & Emergency Assistance– Utility
  • Information & Referral Services
  • Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
  • Case Management (by appointment)
We have food pantries in every region, two sites for hot meals, as well as home-delivered meals for the elderly or infirm in the Upper Ohio Valley. Foot Pantry. Hot Meal.
  • WellnessWorks Food Pantry Monday—Thursday 12:00 pm-3 pm
  • Application assistance for Social Security Disability & SSI by appointment
    • Emergency food/utility assistance
    • Youth summer camp
    • Christmas gifts for children
    • Lost Now Found Thrift Store
    • SHARE food co-op and WellnessWorks food pantry
    • Gardening project
    • Basic Needs & Emergency Assistance
    • Thrift Store
    • WellnessWorks Food Pantry
    • Holiday food baskets
    • Webster Cares Christmas gifts for children
    • Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
    • St. James Summer Work Camps
    • GED and computer classes
    • Basic literacy instruction
    • Money management classes
    • Job skills training
    • Parenting instruction
    • A site for college distance learning
    • Homemakers assist with personal care, housework, and cooking, transportation to medical appointments, pharmacy, and grocery stores.
    • Registered Nurses make home visits to assess client’s needs, provide drug profile, create individual plan of care
    • Social Workers coordinate needed services, ensure balance of services for social support and advocacy
    The Case Manager and consumer work out a plan for the consumer to achieve goals towards self sufficiency. Within the process, the consumer is supported with guidance and additional services as they face setbacks and successes on the path to realizing their goals.
    Also known as the 18th Street Center, Catholic Charities Neighborhood Center is a comprehensive community social service center in Wheeling, (Ohio County) established in 1969. Our mission is to witness to the love God has for all persons through action and services to people in need.
    Catholic Charities WV WellnessWorks Food Pantry Program is part of a community-based response to health and wellness issues encountered among our at-risk neighbors and promotes healthy nutrition through education, direct service and advocacy.
    • Basic Needs & Emergency Assistance – Utility
    • Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
    • Our Lady’s Little Angels and Personal Care Closet
    • Health Insurance Enrollment (Hampshire and Hardy only)
    • food banks
    • respite care programs
    • visiting nursing homes and hospitals
    • advocating rights on a local, state and national level
    • education for social issues relevant to the community
    • A weekend retreat for post-abortion healing.
    Hungry? Cold? Daily hot meals are currently available at two locations in the state. Catholic Charities Neighborhood Center in Wheeling 125 18th Street Hours: Monday thru Saturday 9:00 am and 4:30 pm   Stone Soup Kitchen in Parkersburg St. Francis Xavier Church (532 Market Street) Hours: Every Wednesday 11:00 am –12:30 pm   How to...
    Read More
    Provides material/financial assistance with advocacy efforts for people in need of:
    • Food
    • Clothing
    • Utility –Termination Notice, Rental - Eviction Notice
    • Prescription Assistance
    Certified community volunteers are trained to help clients with their tax returns.
    Our thrift stores offer gently used large or small household items and clothing for low-cost resale. All proceeds support the operation of the thrift store and outreach services.
    Call 304-905-9860

    Emergency Assistance

    How to Receive Services

    All individuals meeting income guidelines can receive services by visiting the regional office in your area with the proper documentation.

    The client must be at or below 150% of the poverty guidelines (net income) to receive assistance. Current guidelines are listed below:

    USDA 2013 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia
    Persons in family/household Poverty guideline 150%
    1 $11,490 $17,235
    2 $15,510 $23,265
    3 $19,530 $29,295
    4 $23,550 $35,325

    Required Documentation

    Proof of Identification:
    Two documents verifying identification

    • Valid driver’s license
    • Photo ID
    • Birth Certificate
    • Voter registration card
    • Medical Card
    • Passport
    • Social Security Card
    • 1040 Form (if working)

    Proof of Household Income

    • Pay stubs (one month)
    • Unemployment insurance benefits
    • Worker’s Compensation letter
    • Active Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
    • Agreement awarding child support
    • Award letters from the Social Security Administration, SSI, SSDI

    NOTE: Households receiving SNAP benefits from the WVDHHR are determined to be low- income and are therefore eligible for CCWVa services.

    Documentation verifying your specific emergency assistance need

    • Utility termination notice
    • Formal eviction notice that includes the landlord’s name, address and telephone number, the tenant’s name, the dollar amount owed, the date to vacate.
    • Script for essential prescription medication or original medication bottle with refills (Note: No schedule 2 medications/controlled medications will be considered for emergency assistance by CCWVa.)

    NOTE: The name on eviction notice, utility bill, etc. must be of an adult family member residing in the household address.
    Those with no household income
    Applicant must provide written proof of zero household income

    • Denial letter for Social Security or SSI benefits
    • Financial proof of SNAP benefit
    • Medical verification of inability to work.

    Find a Program near you…

    My Address 
    Enter Your Address or Zip Code Above.