May 13, 2017
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
The 7th annual Race for Hope will again take place at the Allegheny Highlands trail in Elkins, West Virginia. the event raises funds for programs and services in Catholic Charities West Virginia’s Weston Region.
- Print [ Entry Form ] (pdf file)
- Half Marathon is $35 by May 5th, 2017
- Half Marathon is $40 after May 5th, 2017
- 5K Run/Walk is $20 by May 5th, 2017
- 5K Run/Walk is $25 after May 5th, 2017
- Kids under twelve (Please pre-register to get tee shirt) FREE
- Registration will be held on Race Day (5/13/2017) at the Leading Creek Fire Dept. beginning at 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.
This 7th Annual event starts at 10:00 AM and will take place on the Allegheny Highlands Bike Trail north of Elkins, WV.
Refreshments will be provided following the races. Walkers are welcome for the half marathon (4-hour time limit). No separate awards for walkers. Expected field size is 150 racers.
Tee shirts runners and walkers are guaranteed for all who pre-register, including those under 12 years of age. Availability limited on race day, so register early!
Out and Back Race
The course is out and back on a rail trail consisting of a smooth finely crushed stone surface. The 5k run/walk is flat and heads out to the south and back. The half marathon is out and back to the north and is mostly flat with a gradual rise in elevation of 260 total feet at the turn around and then down hill all the way back.
Start/Finish . . . 10:00 AM
The race will start and finish at the Leading Creek Fire Dept. north of Elkins at the end of Corridor H in Kerens. The same start and finish as last year.
Water Stops Bathrooms
Five water stops for the half-marathon, one for the 5K. Ample porta-johns will be at the start area with one porta-john in the Montrose trailhead parking area at the 5 and 8 mile marks.
Awards . Age Divisions
The 5K awards will begin when all 5K runners/walkers are back. Half Marathon Awards will be given as winning runners in respective age groups pass the finish line.
- Top 2 Male and Female Overall in both Half Marathon and 5K runs.
- FEMALE Top 3 in age categories: under 19…20-29…30-39…40-49…50-59…60-69…Over 70MALE Top 3 in age categories: under 19…20-29…30-39…40-49…50-59…60-69…Over 70
Leading Creek Fire Dept
100 Triplet Rd
Kerens, WV 26276
*For Google Maps, use County Route 7, Montrose, WV
The Leading Creek Fire Dept is located on 100 Triplet Rd. across US Route 219, at the end of the four lane section of Corridor H in Kerens. There will be signs and plenty of parking. On-site registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Benefits Catholic Charities West Virginia
All proceeds will benefit Catholic Charities WVa Elkins Outreach Office and the vital social services the agency provides in the surrounding counties.
Thank you to our presenting sponsors!